Today we all get to imagine ourselves as only a few months away from being the fit, smart, well-mannered and successful people we always wanted to be. Since it’s nice to dream, here are my goals for 2013:
1. Read a book a week. More than that, read more than contemporary literary fiction. Throw in some classics, genre fiction, young adult, and poetry.
2. Write a page a day. This is a modest goal, but if carried out will net at least 356 pages of new work by the end of the year.
3. Finish the novel I began during my second failed attempt to complete National Novel Writing Month by June 1st.
4. Write more flash fiction. It will help balance out the long runs of the novel.
5. Read online journals when I have down time. There’s great work out there.
6. Subscribe to at least three new literary journals
7. Be less self-destructive in general.